Wild Mage - Phantom Twilight is an open-world action RPG for those who don't have the time for traditional MMO's but still crave adventure
Our profile can be found on INDIEDB.COM
Etherion is made up of thousands of islands floating above a dense Miasma, which rises at night and burns off during the day. The only safe areas are located at the top of the islands. The Miasma spawns terrible creatures and is a constant menace to the people of Etherion. Recently the magic keeping the islands afloat has begun to wear off...
- 10,000 years ago a Revenant took his revenge upon the world, using himself to power a gate to the deepest depths of oblivion. From the gate poured a foul mist known as Miasma, and from it came terrible creatures that devoured the land. The only hope at the time was to raise Islands into the air using magic crystals known as float-stones to escape the grasp of the all-encompassing Miasma. Dungeons laced with powerful traps were created around the crystals to protect them from the Miasma's spawn. Years passed and the people prospered above the clouds, but now the crystals are running low on power and the islands are slowly sinking back into the mist.
- As a Wild Mage, you act as the right hand of the Tower of Heaven, extracting adventures, escorting ships, delivering goods, reclaiming lost islands.
- Islands are kept in the air via Float-Stones.
- Float-Stones need magic to keep working and can hold a certain amount of magic like a battery. Once the stored magic is depleted they must be re-energized.
- If a Stone is removed, destroyed, or loses power the island will lose altitude.
- Float-Stones are usually protected by elaborate trap-filled dungeons, built to keep the monsters spawned by the Miasma at bay.
- It is possible to raise and lower islands using Float-Stones, and keeping main cites afloat sometimes requires taking stones from other islands. If the stones are removed or depleted the island will fall to the ground below the Miasma.
- Islands are completely built of voxels (think Minecraft) and can be tunneled or destroyed, by monsters or magic.
Monsters can be dynamically sliced with weapons and spells (no two cuts are the same).
Fire propagates through anything flammable.
Just about everything features dynamic destruction.
- Locked in vaults, forgotten chambers or ruins, treasure awaits those who seek it. Most of the old world was lost when the isles were flung into the heavens. Traps, lore, and puzzles guard ancient secrets buried deep in the forgotten isles of Etherion.
Harvesting | Mining
The main means of transportation on Etherion, these vehicles play a vital roll in all aspects of life on the Isles.
- Your airship stores all your raw materials. It also has rooms for crafting all your items from potions to armor, do it all in the comfort of your airship.
- Sometimes your ship can't get to those hard to reach areas, best to bring a mount. Mounts have their own area on board, larger ships can hold larger amounts.
- Ships double as homes. Make changes, travel with friends, decorate as you see fit.
- Airships have a variety of firepower that can be modified and upgraded as needed. Most come with a simple cannon for basic defense and utility.
- Airships are a must in traveling through the Isles but are not the only means of transportation. All Airships can carry a set amount of people dependent on their size.
Wield true power, because you're going to need it.
One does not gain levels, only power.
Acquire new spells and abilities from:
- Monsters | Miasma spawn. Wield strange powers. Take them for yourself, use them to your own ends.
- Lore books | Secrets of old. Keepers of untold power. (treasure hunting)
- Relics | Trinkets of days past. Hold the power of times forgotten.
- GODS | Power is given to those worthy enough to wield it.
- The denser the Miasma, the more powerful the monster it can produce.
- Miasma is fog like. It can only pass through opening and tunnels. Should these be blocked off, it has no way to reach you.
- Miasma levels rise at night and fall with the sun. Be wary, areas you think safe in the day may not prove so at night.
The Isles are home to a variety of races, each with their own abilities.
Though all Wild Mages are technically wizards, they purpose their magic in a variety of ways.
- Warrior | Battle focused, using magic to equip powerful weapons and armor known as Re-Quiping.
- Mage | Magic focused, having absolute command over the elements themselves.
- Cleric | Healing, barriers, and support. A must-have on any mission.
- Thief | Traps, locks, puzzles, shadows.
Risks and challenges
We all know game development comes with inherent uncertainties, delays and unexpected costs being the two most common risks. However, we have done a lot of work up front so that such risks are minimal. We will do everything within our power to make sure if such risks arise, they are promptly communicated and mitigated.