Help the Walled Lake Central Viking Marching Band reach their dream of being one of the finest marching bands in the U.S., launch them toward a life-long path of achievement and get them to New York to perform in the 2015 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Nothing epitomizes teamwork like a marching band. Synchronized in step, coordinated in rhythm, working in harmony, all dedicated to a common goal and rewarded by life-long friends and invaluable life lessons. But to reach the highest levels of commitment, desire and talent can only take you so far.
Each year, as soon as the school year ends the marching band members, families and all of the boosters are already in motion. Marching band tryouts have been completed, boosters have formed budgets and committees are meeting. With demanding practice schedules the 2014/15 Marching Band competitive season is all a buzz. The dedication of these young men and woman can only be summed up as “absolutely awesome”.
For the past twenty years the WLCMB program has fought hard to put together award winning performances over and over again. From the Director and Music Developers, Set Directors, Pit and Battery Technicians, Choreography, Section Leaders, Color Guard and all its families – the Walled Lake Central Marching Band has something to strive for - “The Road to the Top”. As persistent competitors WLCMB has won State Championships three of the past four years and are now honing our skills to continue moving on and perform at our best.
OUR BAND’S PRIDE AND DEDICATION HAS A PROVEN RECORD
- Michigan Competing Band Association State Champions (2010, 2011, 2013)
- Bands of America Regional AAA Class Champion (2013)
- Bands of America Grand Nationals Semi-Finalist (Top 30 nationally) (2009, 2010, 2012, 2013)
- Awarded State Percussion Champions for Michigan Competing Color Guard Circuit (Highest Classification) (2008-2013)
- Awarded three (3) members of the WLCMB to the BOA Honor Band which marched in the 2013 Tournament of Roses Parade (2013)
- Achieved Winter Guard International Percussion World Class Finals for “Fan Favorite Award” (2012)
- Selected and marched in the Main Street Electrical Parade at Walt Disney World (2012)
- Awarded Winter Guard International Open Class Finalist (2009 and 2012)
- Awarded International Percussion World Class Finalist (2009-2013)
- Awarded nine (9) members of the WLCMB to perform as members of the US Army All-American Marching Band in San Antonio, Texas (2009-2014)
- Achieved the Guinness World Record for the World’s Longest ”Continuous Group Drum Roll” – 24 hours 23 seconds! (2007)
OUR MEMBERS ARE DEDICATED TO EXCELLENCE
Young men and women of Walled Lake Central Marching Band graduate with honors. Nearly 100% move on to attend 4-year colleges and become productive leaders, business owners and contributors within many different communities. Many travel abroad, move to other states and many stay and work inside their communities. They are decorated with honors from national organizations like
BOA and US Army All-American Marching Band.
OUR TEAM IS MOVING UP
In May of 2014 Walled Lake Central Viking Marching Band was selected from over one hundred seventy five (175) marching bands across the country to participate inMacy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City in 2015. We are very proud of this achievement. As band director Dave Rogers said “this is one those bucket list moments marching bands dream of” and it truly is.
WHAT WE NEED
Getting this far has taken a tremendous amount of dedication, devotion and commitment from this talented student body as well as their families. Getting them to New York City in 2015, which we are committed to do, will take even a greater effort this year and in 2015 to reach this milestone. We know we have something very special and want to make sure 50,000,000 people (yes, that's millions) know that too. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for any marching band.
While the kids are working hard to raise additional monies and parents are reaching out to local businesses coming up with new fundraising programs to offset the tremendous cost - it is for this reason that we are asking for financial support to move us into the National spotlight. No surprise here—our greatest need is money. To makes thing simple we’ve developed 5 levels of support. Hopefully a means for you to display your generosity in a way that lets you encourage others to follow
your lead. Supporting the marching band today is an investment in our future.
WHAT YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- 84,119 hours of practice, 168,490,357 steps and 84,245 miles walked
- 3,420 gallons of water, 1,460 pieces of pizza, 335 lbs of mostaccioli
- 2014-15 camps, travel and competitions
- Financial assistance to those that may not be in a position to participate
OTHER WAYS TO HELP
We realize everyone can’t help financially but please consider visiting our website (www.wlcbands.com ) to find a performance you can attend and also find our Facebook link and “like” us.
THANKS (in Advance) FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Please contact us today if you have any questions.
Walled Lake Central Bands
P.O Box 795
Walled Lake, MI 48390