Not Another Tea Start-up
How many African herbal teas do you know? Rooibos, honeybush.... there are many indigenous herbs and we would like to share them with you. There are also many indigenous crops that are nutrient dense and have the potential to be commercialized. They are adapted to the environment and therefore can be easily grown organically further increasing their value and providing a low maintenance cash crop.
Various farming initiatives have been launched to train new farmers in Zimbabwe, however they have mainly focused on subsistence farming. Introducing a low maintenance cash crop will assist cash-flow in rural households paving the way to greater financial stability.
Once the campaign is over we will be able to launch a pilot with the assistance of partners we are working with on the ground.
Have you heard of baobab?
What about moringa?
Bringing Ubuntu to Business
- Ubuntu is an African concept
- It prompts people to help others in the spirit of service, to show respect to others and to be honest and trustworthy.
- Communal responsibility to sustain life.
- Sharing natural resources on a principle of equity among and between generations.
- It is about “we” – not “me.”
We are working closely with organisations that share our vision have a look at the amazing work they are doing.
Risks and challenges
As with any new endeavor there are unforeseen expenses and steps to be completed that can slow down the overall process.