Enter your mail above to be sure not to miss our Kickstarter launch!
Untold Universe is a space voxel-based MMORPG about thousands of players from all over the world exploring, colonising and shaping together a huge and uncharted universe.
When connecting to the game for the first time, you will be a pioneer freshly arrived from the known universe. You will discover the Border, a part of the universe that does not obey the same rules as ours, and is still to discover and tame. Equipped with only your ambition and the Valhalla Digital pioneer starter pack –the basic set of tools given to new pioneers by the company leading the colonisation–, you will have a chance to start back your life, and become one of the most reputed industrial, commander, pilot, pirate, or anything that could make you rich, powerful and respected by your peers!
The game's multiple small planets are made of cubes, that you can remove to harvest resources. Resources that will be useful to craft goods and build new factories, spaceships or many other structures that will prove essential to colonize and protect new worlds. Those who prefer action to building will be able to buy spaceships and weapons directly from those who produce them, and work at defending assets and convoys or to actually attack each other!
- Massively Multiplayer Sandbox: Play with people from all around the world, team up to be stronger and shape entire worlds all together!
- Explore an Infinite Universe: Land on planets of different types, then explore and exploit them! New planets will be added as more players enter the universe.
- Build and Trade your Designs: Gather resources and use them to build anything from factories to spaceships then sell or use them to your own benefit!
- Fight: Protect assets and fight your rivals from ground to space. Attack other players' bases with various infantry weapons, or pilot Fighters, Carriers and Flagships built by your team or bought from the best designers on the market!
- Team up: Team up with friends or other pioneers and start Corporations to improve your strength and achieve greater goals!
- Colonize: Take control of entire planets with your Corporation, build infrastructures on them, and dominate parts of the new world!
- Choose your role: The game will not limit you to a particular skill-set. Want to be good at something? Just do it!
- Jobs system: Colonizing worlds alone can be long and hard. Those who want to make quick cash and meet new people to work with will be able to take jobs generated by other players corporations. Defend assets, find a place to mine, build infrastructures, many jobs will be available to improve in your favorite field!
Let's explain a bit more what we are trying to achieve with Untold Universe.
What kind of MMORPG?
Untold Universe is a single-shard MMO which means that everyone from all around the world will play in the same universe. The world is made of multiple planets on which you will be able to jump in your spaceship, directly interacting with people on the ground or orbiting around it. Still, you will be able to trade, discuss, exchange and plan with anyone even if he is not in the same planet-space than yours.
Will there be classes? How will we play 'together'?
The game strongly focuses on the global colonization effort started by the virtual in-game Corporation called Vahlalla Digital. The idea is that you will get to play the role of your choosing in this effort, or against it, from builder, spaceship-designer, pilot, trader to pirate and bounty hunter. You will not be limited to one role! We want to create a strong synergy between players with different goals, making Corporations work together and allowing for user-generated quests that you could take as a freelancer, so everyone could get to enjoy his play-style, while taking advantage of skills others will develop.
Single player gameplay?
The game is strongly oriented on PvP and more generally players interacting with other players. Still, you will be able to play alone, but you will get the most out of the game by teaming up with your fellow pioneers.
Any other question?
Just leave a comment in the comment section and we will answer it the best we can! If any question becomes recurrent, we will add it to this section.
Untold Universe is already more than a concept. The game development started more than a year ago, currently built by a small team of people putting all their love and passion in it.
Today, the game is in Private Alpha. Which means that a limited pool of players is already testing it with us, helping us to shape the game and make it the awesome MMO we want it to be! We received around 5000 requests for Alpha keys, and closed the subscriptions some time ago.
This means that we already have a playable game with a limited set of features to be expended until the game release. We are putting a strong emphasis on communicating with our players, and keeping them close to the development. As an example, the next feature to be released in the Alpha version is voted by the community.
Fenris Lair Studio is an independent video game development studio founded by three developers and two artists passionated by MMO games and the cube-based voxel concept. Since then, a designer joined us.
Our complementary skills and our involvement allowed us to create a first version of the game in height months, laying down every fundamental tools and engines needed to develop the game, while getting attention from MMO and gaming specialists that advised us on various subjects.
Since then, the team grew and today, we are aiming at expending it even more to achieve our goal: creating a new, innovative space voxel MMO!
Thanks a lot for your interest in Untold Universe! To be sure not to miss our Kickstarter and grab one of our limited packs, please enter you e-mail at the top of the page. Also, do not hesitate to share the page to help us spread the word!
Meanwhile, if you want to follow our progress with the game and with the preparation of the Kickstarter page, feel free to follow us on:
Finally, you can find us on Steam Greenlight! Your vote would be a lot to help us get on Steam.