ULTIMUS is a fun betting & bluffing game for 2 to 6 players from 12 to 99 years old, created by ONE MORE GAME. You do not play the gladiators, but the spectators. Your challenge is to influence what happens in the arena by shouting at the gladiators. The game lasts from ½ hour to 2 hours for three battles, depending on the number of players. However, players can choose to play more or fewer battles, since each battle can be played as a standalone.
- The game is divided into battles. At the beginning of every battle you get your gold, yelling cards and betting cards.
- Before the battle, the players bet on the different gladiators. Then the gladiators enter the arena to start the battle
- First, everyone plays a yelling card, face down.
- Then, one after the other, the players reveal their cards and execute what is written on each of them.
- One by one the gladiators will get killed until there is only one left. He is the winner of the battle, the ultimum gladiator.
- Finally the bets are revealed and the rewards are paid out. Then the next battle can start. The player with the most gold wins the game.