About this project
- Dimensions: 45 cm x 17cm x 19cm
- Comes with the base
- Weight in packaging: 1.1 Kg
- Aged-look texture and paint.
- Each T.Rex is hand built and tooled by artists using accurate anatomic measurements, so it’s worth the wait to have each model made with care. Design: Hand sculpted on Z-Brush, with paleontology references
How it is packaged
Virtual 3D model
Background information on Museum Fossils
Most of the Dinosaur Fossil at museums are not the REAL fossils, but the replicas of real fossils, 3D printed. There are many reasons behind the display of replicas, some of the main reasons were-
Quality- Replicas are duplicates of original fossils and in some cases, they are better than the real fossils in terms of detail and reconstruction of weathered parts . Fossils are commonly missing parts, broken, and extremely fragile.
Preservation- The real fossils are very rare and need to be carefully stored in humidity and temperature controlled environments to keep them intact once they are out of the ground. Also, moving the fossils means they could be damaged or broken.
Cost- Fossils are millions of years old, and their value cannot be put in terms of money alone. Fossils are priceless
Research- Scientists need to study fossils from the real specimens. Due to limited availability of real fossils, replicas were used for display in museums.
Why Our Replicas?
- It has an awesome High Detail, 50-micron resolution
- Aged look T.Rex. Coloured to mimic to a high degree Museum Tyrannosaurus Rex's on display
- Less than half the cost of models at this level or resolution, accuracy, and detail
- Easy to assemble
- Hand Sculpted Models using Z-Brush and other 3D modelling software- Our models are exponentially more faithful to actual fossils than dinosaur toys sold at museum gift shops. They are modeled based on anatomical facts