About this project
Meet the Dock Desk by Flint Alley.
The Dock Desk is the online customizable desk to suit your specific needs. You choose from 8+ utility dock options and determine where you want them on the desk and how many! From pencil holders to phone docks and even whiteboards its up to you! No desk exsists with this much personalization.
Once you select your layout we custom make your desk to order.
By being one of the first to support the Dock Desk by Flint Alley you not only receive HUGE savings, you become part of the movement towards a customized lifestyle.
Why we need your help!
By backing the Dock Desk you will help us to purchase the Bamboo in bulk and streamline the production process. Bamboo is a very expensive materials and needs to be transported by Freight which also comes at a high expense. By purchasing a large qty upfront we can share the savings. The raised funds will also help us to dedicate the time to perfecting the dock desk and produce prototypes. We currently have the equipment in our shop to CNC route the desks to very high precision which is why our starting goal is only $3,000.
How the funds will be used.
- Purchase material in bulk to provide best pricing
- Web design - Our goal is to make ordering easy by offering drag and drop capabilities to preview your desk before you order.
- Cover operating expenses to dedicate our time to perfecting the Dock Desk.
- $6000 - Quicker Production
- $10,000 - UNLOCK EXTRA BAMBOO CHOICE
- $20,000 - UNLOCK FREE MONITOR SHELF DOCK FOR PURCHASERS OF DOCK DESK
- 3/4" Thick Espresso or Walnut Bamboo
- 23" Wide x 47" Long x 29" H
- Solid Wood Legs
- 8 Utility Docs to Choose from! More to be added. ONCE FUNDING IS COMPLETE WE WILL VERIFY WHAT LAYOUT AND DOCKS YOU WOULD LIKE WITH EACH BACKER.
Our Production Timeline ( Estimates and may change)
- 12/19/16 - Campaign Launch
- 01/09/17 - Final Day of Campaign
- 01/19/17 - Production begins
- 04/03/17 -Early Bird Orders Completed and Shipped
- 05/01/17 - Once the 1st early bird orders are delivered we will await feedback before the second round of production. Orders will be completed in the same order they were backed.
The Desk Material
What will the legs look like?
Like shown in the images the legs will be tapered and attached to the desk with solid wood cleats. They will be made in our shop.
How the Dock Desk by Flint Alley Works
Until our drag and drop website is completed we will contact each customer to verify their layout before production. Once the project is funded this is how a typical checkout will go.
Step 1: Select the Bamboo color your like. Walnut or Espresso
Step 2: Select what docks you need and where you want them on the Desk!
Step 3: Order!
Step 4: We receive your order and make it exactly as you designed!
Step 5: In just a few weeks you receive your desk!
The desk is virtually divided into 6 sections we call quadrants.
You may have as little or up to 6 dock choices.
Here are the current utility dock designs! All use only 1 quadrant except the whiteboard dock which uses 2. **Dock designs are preliminary and may be improved upon during prototyping phase.
Below is an Example that uses the following
Quad 1 - Tablet Dock
Quad 2 - Cable Hold Dock
Quad 3/6 - Whiteboard Dock
Quad 4 - Empty
Quad 5 - Cooling Dock