About this project
WHAT MAKES THIS BOOK AWESOME?
You mean, besides zombies and vampires in the same world? Well, a few things:
IF YOU LOVE POST-APOCALYPTIC ADVENTURES:
- It has all the fun, thrilling, action-packed elements of your favorite genre that's easy to read and sucks you in so you can't put it down.
- A samurai sword makes an appearance. Why wouldn't that entice you?
IF YOU'RE NOT INTO A WORLD OF ZOMBIES AND FEEL LIKE VAMPIRES SUCK THE LIFE OUT OF YOU:
- You'll like it all now. Seriously! The comedic and sassy first person perspective of our main character makes you see things differently and you may even find yourself laughing out loud. We do!
- It's a good story. Period. Aside from all the fantastic elements of zombies and vampires, we focused on and prioritized good characters, relationships and storytelling through imagination.
IF YOU THINK TWILIGHT IS A JOKE, BUT THE VAMPIRE DIARIES IS YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE:
- We understand. So, what are you doing still reading this? Make a pledge already and get a copy of the book!
WHAT'S THE MONEY GOING TOWARD?
If we reach our goal for the book, we'll be able to release a professionally crafted book, e-book and audio version. That's a lot of stuff to get excited about!
We believe in paying people what they're worth, so we want to make sure that everyone involved in this project gets compensated for their creative genius, talent and time. This book will be published with the help of Blurb, who has a proven track record in producing quality, professional work.
TELL ME A BIT ABOUT THESE REWARDS.
We want our book in your hands, so every pledge of $10 or more is all it takes! That's like the price of a good burger, but this is going to last a lot longer! If you're compelled to contribute more, we've created some really fun experiences for you. We want to match your generosity, so we've created some reward levels that encourage your own personal creative goals and give you a kickstart into finishing and/or starting your own projects. If you're willing to give a bit more, we'll even write you into the book without killing you off!
These rewards are priced to raise money for publishing and producing this project, but they're still really valuable deals, too! If you want a private writing session with us, but don't live in the Boise, ID area, don't despair! We don't live in a post-apocalyptic world, so let's jump on skype or google hangouts and connect with the help of technology!
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE BOOK!
The book itself is already written. It's 65,000 words of comedy, adventure, fantasy and post-apocalyptic surprises that we poured our blood, sweat and tears into over the past two years. So, why kickstarter? Two reasons, really:
- We believe more creativity and brilliance is released when projects are finished, so this kickstarter is our public declaration that we are finishers and we're set on creating more!
- This book isn't even half as good without people to enjoy it! We want to spread the zombie love and build a community that supports endeavors just for the love of it! More readers = More love!
So, join us as we share our brain child: a 17 year old girl who sets out on a journey from New Jersey to Montana in the zombie apocalypse while she enters into the more dangerous adventure of dating--especially when it's a vampire she falls for!
WHAT IF WE RAISE MORE MONEY THAN WHAT'S NEEDED?
Glad you asked. Your head's in the right place! If this book exceeds its goal, we've got plenty of plans for expanding our creativity and milking this story for all it's worth! Our dream is to eventually create a feature length film of this book that can visually capture all the fun and detail of this adventure comedy novel!
Risks and challenges
We're really excited and confident about this project. We're already done with the actual writing and are just waiting on the editing process. The main challenge left to overcome is producing the physical book, but we're confident that with your help and encouragement, we can make this happen! Don't worry, we won't turn into zombies when it comes to deadlines!