Southern Belles Series
Southern Belles Series

About this project

Southern Belles is based on four best friends who grew up in the streets of life!! These girls fought their way out the struggles, but during the turmoils they leaned on each other, helping them cope with life. But little do Mo, Nima, Diamond & Gigi know they will get caught up with their past as they try to look towards their future. A lot of lies, betrayal, love triangles and murders will be going on amongst these best friends.

Southern Belles Cast

 
 
Monique "Mo" Goodman played by: Blaque Dahlia
"Mo"
"Mo"

 ShaNima "Nima" Gause played by: Cheeks McFadden

 
Nima
Nima

 Diamond "Dee" Moore played by: Royal Lattimore

Diamond
Diamond

 Giselle "Gigi" Flores played by: Lareina

Gigi
Gigi

 Southern Belles Cast Interviews

 
 project video thumbnail
SB Interview Pt. 1

 

 project video thumbnail

 

 project video thumbnail

 Southern Belle Official Intro

By: Daisha McBride

 How will your contribution be used?  

We appreciate every dollar we can raise through this campaign, and every dollar we raise has a very specific destination, with the majority of our budget going to the physical production of the series. About 80% of our funds will be allocated to the actual production, which includes locations, permits, equipment rentals, props and wardrobe, food, lodging, and most importantly, our talented cast and crew. The remaining 20% of the budget will be put towards post-production. We are set to start shooting again in June, with production planned for a duration of three days in Fayetteville, North Carolina monthly. This is where we are calling on all of you indie film lovers out there to lend us your support, and in return, we’ll be graciously thanking you with some great perks/rewards and a wonderful, compelling film we’ll be proud to share with you.

The Impact

We believe human beings should not live in fear because their sexual orientation may not correspond to archaic traditions or any principles set by any religion or conservative thinking. Art has become a powerful way to show resistance and support progressive movements, and that's part of the reason we chose to make a statement by telling this powerful story.

Other ways you can help

 Chances are you know someone or you know someone who knows someone who is part of the LGBTQ community, and even if you are unable to contribute to this project and its cause, spreading the word about this campaign makes a huge difference. For us, every dollar and every share counts, so we invite you use the sharing tools above and tell all your friends about "Southern Belles" Thank you!

Risks and challenges

Bringing a story to life and producing a legitimate series is always a challenge, but it is a challenge passionate filmmakers like us strive for on a daily basis.

Pre-production and detailed planning are key in the professional film making process, and we’re putting all of our focus on preparation to make sure everything goes smoothly. We have an incredibly talented and passionate crew that can’t wait to bring this project to life.

Money raised through this campaign (donation packages excluded) will go straight into the production and post-production of the film, and we’re holding ourselves to the highest standards in our field.

Thank you for joining us on this journey. We can’t wait to share this story with you.

comments powered by Disqus