Rainforest and wildlife experiences
Small group rainforest and wildlife experiences within the Wet Tropics World Heritage area of Tropical North Queensland. Our day/night wildlife tours visit restricted access mountain rainforest at night, giving the best chance of seeing nocturnal animals in their natural environment.
- Cairns & Northern Beach Transfers (except Port Douglas)
- All equipment (binoculars, spotlighting gear, rain ponchos, reference materials)
- Meals (afternoon tea/dinner) & refreshments.
- Comfortable, air-conditioned vehicles.
- Professional, experienced, naturalist Guide.
- National Park fees, fuel levies, insurances, & surcharges.
- Small groups (max. 11)
What You See:
- Enjoy interpretive rainforest walking trails.
- Look for the Musky Rat Kangaroo.
- Afternoon Devonshire Tea at Lake Barrine.
- Visit Lake Eacham.
- Platypus spotting at our exclusive private viewing area.
- Dinner at a country restaurant.
- Spotlighting at the 500 yr old Curtain Fig Tree..
- Look for Lumholtz’s Tree Kangaroos, Lemuroid Possoms & the Green and Herbert River Ringtail Possums.
Wait-a-While Rainforest Tours. Cairns original environmental and wildlife spotlighting tour company, founded in 1982. We have obtained National Parks & State Forest permits to visit what we have found to be the best places to combine rainforest interpretation with observation of the unusual wildlife of the Wet Tropics.
Our expert guides have many years of relevant experience, a proven record of safe driving, and a passionate interest in animals, plants, and environmental issues. We encourage discussion of the natural history of rainforests, Aboriginals of the region, conservation, and other subjects of interest.
We place a great emphasis on ‘low impact’ tours in which we observe rainforest life with as little disturbance as possible. We only run small, quiet vehicles with a maximum of 6 or 11 passengers. We do not feed or otherwise entice the animals and use only low wattage illumination.
Take with you a greater understanding and appreciation of our environment and culture, and how you can make a difference to our future.
-Viewing local flora and fauna in and around the Cairns and Tablelands region.
-Visiting National Parks and platypus sites
-Dinner at a local country restaurant.
-Night time animal spotting with flashlights in the Rainforest
Departs: 1.30pm Northern Beaches. 2.00pm Cairns. Tour departs 7 days a week. Hotel pick ups included. Port Douglas Transfers available at extra charge (please enquire)
Returns: Approximately 10.30pm.