It started as a hobby – we all drink coffee in a morning. More often than not we feel like there's just not enough time to drive a few extra miles before work to stop by our favorite coffee shop. What should one do? Settle for a mediocre cup of chino from mainstream chain?
We’ve decided to do it ourselves. And 10 month later— voilà … Let us introduce Luigi M1 Pro Espresso Machine - a new Metropolis™ creation.
Now you can drink a really good espresso made by a coffee machine that can communicate with your cell phone or tablet and goes from “standby” mode to “ready to brew” really fast.
You also can froth milk for a decent cappuccino. As far as coffee makers go, it may be one of the fanciest that’s ever graced your kitchen countertop.
The Luigi M1 Pro Espresso Machine is convenient, compact, easy to use, and best of all delivers of a fantastically flavorful cup of coffee. It has all the features of a full-sized appliance but it takes much less space. Now you can brew café-style coffee in your own kitchen.
What we try to achieve:
- First. As a discriminating coffee lovers, we want get more than existing generic espresso maker can offer.
- Second. We are suckers for a design. Many machines look just like shiny metal boxes. We want to make something to satisfy not only the sense of taste but also something that looks beautiful.
- Third. We also want it to be smart and energy efficient.
We want to thank you - people who put down their money to support our project.
In any Technology adoption lifecycle, there are the Innovators and early adopters, those who lead the way. That is you. Today with your help we hope to change the lives of millions of people by bringing them technologies of the future.
We are grateful for your support and look forward to continuing our friendship in the years to come! We promise we will show you our appreciation every time we can!
During our initial sourcing solutions research, we found out that we may have a possibility to use an existing classic Italian design-inspired case for our espresso machine. Nobody could say “No" to such beauty. It looks like a little brother transformer of Fiat 8V straight from the mid-50s. Of course, this decision predetermines many our components and technical choices for our machine.
In today’s high-paced, high-tech society coffee making has been elevated into a true art. There are many flavors, methods, and brews and we intent to build a machine to suit every taste.
- E61 Brew Group and Commercial Portafilter: The port filter and brew group are essential to quality brewing, ensuring that every shot of espresso will be delivered to a cup at the right temperature. Commercial grade 58mm heavy-duty port filter is included.
The E61 is engineered to maintain that temperature consistently right through extraction. It takes an appreciation of espresso to a whole new level. Makes it phenomenal - from the foamy, light brown crema on top to the aromatic fragrance that filled the air in just 25 seconds, to the amazingly smooth yet bold, rich taste as you sipped it from the preheated shot glass.
- Heating Element: This machine has a fast-heating 1300w coil to narrow the dead-band. It is one of the most powerful heating systems you can find in an espresso machine of this class which makes the entire process of making a cup of espresso fast. The water will heat up within seconds and the espresso shot will be ready within the blink of an eye. Security thermostat and security valve for a better pressure control.
- Pump: 15 BAR Italian-made. With espresso, hot water isn’t enough to make the coffee taste the way you want it to. You also need enough pressure to push the water through the grounds quickly and with a lot of heat at the same time. The Luigi M1 Pro has maximum 15 bars of pressure, the industry standard, which means it provides all the pressure needed to get the maximum flavor out of your beans.
- Water Tank: Removable water tank (34 oz.) is located in the back of the machine, easy access the lid on top. It can be refilled even when in use, allowing endless supply of steam. The tank can also be removed for filling or cleaning.
- Steam wand: Professional multi-directional steam wand is ready to deliver steam anytime and create foam and steamed milk for lattes and cappuccinos.
- Cup warmer: located on the top of the machine with a built-in rail to keep all of the cups secure. The cup warmer is heated by passive heat from the thermo block boiler ensuring all cups are preheated and ready for brewing. The cup warmer is large enough to store 8 demitasse cups.
- Drip tray with cover: Stainless steel. Removable for easy cleaning.
- Power supply: 110/120 volts (US version) and 220/230 volts (European version). Sleep / Off modes.
- Bluetooth module and mobile app (option): How smart is Luigi M1 Pro? It's the next generation Bluetooth-connected machine.
It wakes up with you. Powers up, checks the status of all systems and water level and then preheats your cups. It gets the boiler hot and ready for brewing your first cup of espresso.
When you leave for work the machine will turn the power down to cut your electricity bill. You won’t burn the boiler or pump ever.
Take charge with Metropolis app for Apple (iOS 7 and higher) and Android (4.0 and higher) on your mobile device. Application helps you to communicate with Luigi, to read brewing guide, or order supplies and exquisite coffee for your machine and much more!
This machine is also “Metropolis smart home” environment – ready. Once commercially available our proprietary control system will integrate home personal and security appliances into one network through a variety of interfaces such as a smartphone, tablets, and touchscreens giving the user the total control and freedom to enjoy the home or office environment.
We keep adding videos with tech details and tests on our youtube channel.
- Color options: Fire Red or Charcoal Black (or more if we hit the stretch goals).
- Dimensions: 12.6"W x 11.4"D x 13.6"H. Fits well beneath kitchen cabinets.
- Future Retail price: $899 (for US.) Other countries - TBA.
If you want some seriously good espresso, you have just found your perfect machine.
In the box:
- Universal portafilter
- Two insert baskets (a single and a double)
- Two spouts (a single and a double)
- Backflushing blank disk
- Plastic tamper
- Metropolis™ 1 - year warranty
Barista Starter Kit (Available if the stretch goal is reached):
- Stainless steel steam pitcher
- Coffee scoop
- Stainless steel tamper
- Cleaning Brush
The Barista Pro Kit
- Advanced Steam Pitcher with thermometer
- Custom Professional Tamper
- Corner Mat
- Professional Latte Art Pen
- Barista Towels (2)
- Cleaning Brush
- Coffee scoop
- Knock Box
WHO WE ARE
Metropolis Technology™ is a Southern California - based startup company. We are a small but creative, hands-on team with big plans for bringing awesome innovations: Internet of Things, Smart House Systems and Home Technologies Automation to peoples’ life. People like you! Sometimes we invent from a scratch, sometimes we find our ways to pick up and improve existing ideas.
We are prototyping several amazing new smart devices promising to revolutionize ways we do things.
Thank you all for your support! We are looking forward to bringing our innovations into homes across America.