NOTE: This demo version lasts 30 minutes and it includes only the first part of the game produced so far.
Do you want to listen to a track from our original soundtrack while you read? It helps to get a feel for the atmosphere.
Our Hero! Hyper Sword is an epic action-adventure game with some RPG mechanics starred by fancy and colorful characters, inspired by such titles as Castle Crashers, Jak and Daxter & Zelda.
The game involves seamlessly alternating Hack'n'Slash and platforming sections, free-to-explore environments dotted with secrets to collect and enemies to fight in frantic real-time battles, each guarded by armored and evasive boss which require timing and tactics to hit in an opening.
The game's main focus is the Story Mode, playable in Single-Player or in local Multiplayer with a friend. Additional game modes may be added in the future, depending on the result of the Kickstarter campaign.
- Explore a sprawling open world divided into zones: discover the Royal Gardens, the Castle Vaults, the Lost Valley, the Ancient Forest and other enchanted places.
- Each Hero has his own special abilities: switch your Heroes and Cooperate with your Companion to overcome obstacles and proceed through the Atcs.
- A lot of action: run, jump, fight, run on walls, climb, shoot and take control of enemies!
- Immersive Story starred by nice NPCs and rascally enemies.
- Local 2 player Co-Operative play.
- Real-time Battle System.
- More than 30 unique Swords to discover and collect: boost and transform your swords!
- 10 different zones to explore and overcome: solve puzzles, discover secret places and fight epic boss battles!
- Side quests and funny minigames to play during your adventure.
- Trophies to unlock in the Trophies Hall and Cards to collect to complete your Gallery.
- Take part in the Final Battle and save the heroes' world.
Are you itching to cut down a swathe of baddies, with your back stretched and a giant sword in your hands? The King is in need of help, and you've been trusted with the task of making a stand for the entire world.
Step in the shoes of the Ourhero, arm yourself with your trusty swords, and set off on a quest to retrieve the Theoremas Crystal and the beloved Royal Piggy!
The devious Finalboss is racing against you to nab the Theoremas Crystal for himself, giving himself the ultimate magical power to sink the world into despair and suffering. What's the real power of the Crystal? Do not let Finalboss to find it out.
Journeying through forests and fortresses, seas and skies, vast stretches of land and tight dungeons, carving your way through Finalboss and his cronies with the help of other mighty warriors and a cast of colorful NPCs assisting you in uncovering the land's treasures and secrets, and wielding an array of mighty weapons to collect and upgrade.
Are you ready?
The world of heroes awaits you!
Meet the Characters
Our Hero! Hyper Sword takes place in an open-world settings, and is divided in Acts. Each Act takes place in a different part of the heroes’ world: you’ll be tested in the Royal Gardens, retrieve the magical crystal in the Castle Vaults, plow through obstacles in the Lost Valley and contact the Forest Folk in the Ancient Forest. Activate an Obelisk to unlock it and travel freely between it and any other Obelisk you’ve found in the world. Each area is chock full of secrets and collectibles: gain Micyold from winning battles, destroying crates and opening chests. ESP’s will also be invaluable in unlocking new Fury powers, such as temporary Invincibility.
Cooperate with your Companions
At several points during your adventure you’ll have to swap between heroes in order to overcome certain obstacles. Each hero has his own powers that can come in handy for different situations: use Ourhero to battle groups of enemies, Fury to climb walls and reach out of place ledges, Grin to snipe enemies from afar with his rifle, Tay to control enemies and open up new paths. Join forces to fight Finalboss’ henchmen and defeat the Conyan menace looming over your Kingdom.
Equip your Swords
Collect and evolve your weapons: in Our Hero! Hyper Sword you can find a bunch of different swords to use in your adventure: look for them in secret chests, buy them in Weapon Shops or drop them from certain enemies. Don’t forget: some swords can be evolved to become even more powerful.
Your path will be fraught with dungeons to explore, riddles to solve and battles to fight. Baddies will be around every corner to stop you on your tracks, and you will have to face them. Build up Fury by defeating enemies in a row, then unleash it to temporarily kill enemies in one hit. Trade ESP with the Oracle to unlock new perks for your Fury Mode. Gain Experience and level up to get stronger, and steel yourself for Boss Battle. Each Boss will have a unique strategy needed to defeat them: look for their weak points.
In Our Hero! Hyper Sword you can play with a friend in Co-Operative mode. Just select Story Co-Op from the main menu and continue your adventure or start a new one.
Two main reasons had bring us to launch a Kickstarter campaign:
1) I need funding to be able to finish the game. I invested all my time and money to work alone on this project in the past two years. One year ago I also changed engine moving to Unity, learning how to use it and how to code by myself. This "update" took longer than expected, I had to re-make the game from scratch and the debugging took me a lot of time. I was scheduled to release the full game in September, but then I realize it was not possible. Right now ca. 50% of the game is ready. I need at least six/eight more months to finish the game and to polish it as I wish, and so money to use as fuel for its creation.
2) I really think a Kickstarter campaign is an amazing opportunity to communicate directly with people who may be interested in the game. We want to connect with backers who want helping to shape the game. What do you think we can improve? Did you enjoy the demo? What we miss in Our Hero!? We really hope you will consider backing the project and be part of its story!
Where will the money go?
- With your contributions I will be able to support myself in the next period and work on the game seven days a week (as I've already done until now),
- I can ensure all artists contributing to the game are fairly compensated,
- A part of money will go to taxes, processing fees, software licenses and marketing campaigns to promote the game,
- If there are extra money left after the game's release I will go forward... starting to work on the next episode!
With the Memorial Plan your name will be carved forever on the Monument of the Legendary Hero at the Castle Courtyard. Everyone will read your name on the monument depicted with your face in Micyan style!
Name a NPC and leave a message
With the Partecipant tier you can name a NPC in Our Hero! world and choose his dialogue lines. It can be a guard, a citizen of the castle, an inhabitants of a village or any other characters that it will appear in the adventure!
Design a new Sword
With the Warrior tier you can work with the team and submit a new Sword for the hero! Design it, then choose its name, Power and Speed stats and where it will be found!
Design a new Micyan
With the Micyan tier you can work with the team and design a new Micyan who will be brought to life in Our Hero! world. Design him, then choose his skin color, the expression, the accessories and his name. Then choose if it's a good guy or an enemy!
Make a Cheat
With the Cheater tier you can create a new cheat that it will appear in the game menu and can be purchasable with Tokens: it can be a new skin for a hero, a new fancy ability or any thing else! Just use your imagination.
Finalboss and Ourhero will be given those titles for the purpose of the game during the adventure. With the Finalboss or the Ourhero tier you have the honor of personalizing their names! The player will find out these names in the last act of the story!
With the Legendary Hero tier your logo (or your name) will be splashed on the screen when the game starts. A way to say thank you for your enormous generosity.
❏ €9.000 - Desert Lands (Additional Act)
A vast and dry place, one of the most dangerous throughout the Kingdom. It's Tay's homeland.
The level will be added in the game, playable by everyone.
❏ €15.000 - Arcade Mode
A fun arcade mode will be selectable from the main menu, playable in single player or local multiplayer. A lot of challanges and minigames await you!
❏ €21.000 - Customizable Hero
Oh yes! You can use the default one, but you will be able to customize your hero too! Choose the skin color, accessories and face for your hero and be ready for a unique adventure!
❏ €28.000 - Map Editor
A powerful map editor will be provided in game to create awesome new adventures. Have fun making your new original story!
❏ €35.000 - Improved Graphic Style
Characters, levels, HUDs: all game graphics will be restyled to high resolution.
❏ €42.000 - Online Mode
Everything goes online! Not only can you make new maps in the Map Editor and play in the Arcade Mode, but you can also share your maps online and play online with your friends!
❏ €50.000 - Our Hero! Hyper Sword 2
Okay, seriously. I will start to work on the next chapter of the game: Our Hero! Hyper Sword 2! At this point I think you like the game, furthermore I already have the story so... let's start again!
Stefano Mercadante - Game Developer since ever, Web Developer and Graphic Designer from Parma, Italy. He is actually having an experience in Glasgow, UK. He loves videogames. One day he woke up and decided to make them. He is the creator, developer, programmer and artist of Our Hero! Hyper Sword. Portfolio: https://stesproject.com/
Enrico Cascavilla - Sound Designer and Composer. Born and grown up in South of Italy, with his dual cultural background of science and art, and his head always in the clouds, Enrico is trying to survive London life. He is passionate about “nugae” and inspired by every man who follows a chimera. Portfolio: http://www.enc-sound.net/main/
Raffaele Murri - Sound Designer / Music Producer/ Composer & Songwriter from Rome, Italy. He graduated in music production at the University of Rome Tor Vergata and he obtained a specialist certificate in Game audio design And production at Berklee College of Music. His main focus is to meld audio and videogames to create the best possible experience.
Ares Vaiarelli - Translator & Illustrator freelance. He makes sure to properly translate the game from Italian to English in the best possible way. He also helped to review the Kickstarter campaign.
These nice guys are also helping:
Stefano Nesi, Martin D'Ippolito & Gianluca Podda - Testers & Supporters.
Bryan Sterza - Revolted Sword track. Portfolio: https://www.reverbnation.com/nerghray
Fabiola Ennacrima - Header Image. Portfolio: https://www.behance.net/bi-workshop
Glenna Jones - Campaign review.
Now we need your help too!
With your funding, I estimate a first full release of Our Hero! Hyper Sword by December 2018. Although this is my first commercial videogame, I have been making free videogames since the age of fourteen. This has allowed me to build a vast skillset and to realize my capability of pursuing this more ambitious project: Our Hero! Hyper Sword.