Omega Pattern is LIVE on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/borokaistudio/omega-pattern-visual-novel
The content of this post is available in Spanish on http://www.patronomega.com/es/kickstarter/kickstarter-patron-omega/
The Omega Pattern's first part and free demo are already available on Steam (it has been Greenlit by the Community), Itch.io, Google Play and the App Store: http://www.patronomega.com/en/#download
- Cubed3 (7/10): "Omega Pattern HD is delightful, interesting, and above all else, worth the price of admission... It's going to be a lot of fun to see how this story progresses as the future episodes come out, as Shaiel's story is definitely going to feel unique amongst the many other entries in this genre."
- GameRamble (7,7/10): “The story is genuinely intriguing and the choices you get to make actually impacts the story, which is a nice touch... The soundtrack is really solid... Fans of the genre who don’t mind trading in length for replay value should definitely try out Omega Pattern.”
- Softpedia: “A very promising visual novel... Play your part in a strange world controlled by a powerful corporation and make the desired choices to steer the plot... Fight against an evil organization bent on ruling the world... Nice artwork and many choices to be made.”
- CGR (7,75/10): "At this current point, Omega Pattern is already a great title and it has me awaiting what comes next for my multiple versions of Shaiel and the decisions that have affected the men that he has become."
- Multianime (8.5/10): "La toma de decisiones es un apartado ampliamente diferenciador, ya que en Patrón Omega, dependiendo de las opciones que vayamos tomando, nuestro personaje irá evolucionando, incluso hasta en sus poderes, ya que El Patrón Omega depende de la personalidad del humano, y gracias al abanico de opciones, podemos rejugarlo y en serio se agradece bastante."
- Uvejuegos (7/10): "Buena historia, personajes interesantes (en su mayoría), critica social recurrente, lenguaje puramente español así como notable diseño visual y musical. Sin duda es un juego que debería llamar más la atención al público, y no sólo al experto en visual novels."
WHAT MAKE IT DIFFERENT?
Omega Pattern seeks to offer a more personal and deeper experience in the visual novel genre. In Omega Pattern, we ‘reinvent’ the visual novel concept by giving you the opportunity to choose the main character’s personality in a prologue where you will recall his past. Every personality defines a character with his own storyline which will change as you advance on the story and keep making decisions. The results will depend on the consistency of the character and the impact that your decisions have in the world.
In addition to this, the narrative style is different from other visual novels, letting you get into the main character’s head instead of being a mere spectator. We avoid the use of tedious descriptions to explain what’s happening and make use of the main character’s reactions and thoughts to make the scenes more realistic. For example, we prefer to use ‘Shit, my jaw!’ instead of ‘He punches me on the chin’.”
Omega Pattern is a Visual Novel which offers a variable multiple-choice decision system. This means that both the number of decision points and the number of choices or options that you will find in those decision points may vary according to your previous decisions during the game.
The world where the Omega Pattern story happens is seemingly normal, similar to the one we live in. However, genetics and fate mean that a few individuals are born with a kind of Pattern or special brain signal which lets them develop unique and varied psychic skills that are determined by their life experiences, which form their behavior and character.
From the shadows, an organization known as Bioagora controls the world according to its own interests thanks to the power and influences that they get, in part, from their Agents. These Agents are people who own the Pattern and have been coerced, bought, forced and even captured against their will to be brainwashed and indoctrinated, so they can faithfully serve the Bioagora.
Shaiel (21 years old), a man who possesses the Pattern, has found himself forced to live in secrecy in order to avoid falling into the hands of the Bioagora. However, as time passes, it gets more difficult to escape from a power which is increasing exponentially. Seeking for allies has become an unavoidable, and it seems that the only alternative available are the Celtas; a small and poorly organized group with unorthodox methods, whose plan to face the Agents and restoring an order different to the Bioagora’s seems near impossible.
As the rest of the population stay impassive in a gray world, Shaiel will have Shaiel to play his cards right and find out the truth hidden by the Bioagora, the Celtas and himself.
- Become the Main Character: Decide what to do in the most relevant moments of Shaiel’s past. This will determine his current personality and therefore his psychic abilities and the decisions that you will be able to take in the future.
- 3 Story Lines: Access to 3 significantly different story lines, which means that you will have a high replay experience where you will find suspense, action, drama, comedy, horror and romance.
- +6 Hours: The variable multiple-choice decision system that we have implemented for the first part of the visual novel can grant you up to 6 hours of gameplay or more.
- Mobile Optimized: You will enjoy the same experience both in the Desktop (PC and Mac), Mobile and iPad versions.
- Full HD: 2048×1536 resolution for iPad users and 1920×1080 for Desktop and Mobile users.
- Manga Anime Style: 100% original illustrated material.
- Original Soundtrack: An OST that creates the perfect atmosphere in every situation.
Game Rumble: "...A really good soundtrack. None of the thirteen songs featured on the soundtrack sound like your typical visual novel fare and they all complement the mood of the game nicely. From sinister tracks like “Gurdjief Lessons” and “Death Valley” to melancholic ones like “In Memory Of” and whimsical ones like “Kids,” the songs are all really good..."
THE FINAL PART: WHY KICKSTARTER?
This Kickstarter campaign expects to get funding for the big final part of the visual novel. Borokai Studio is an indie group and Omega Pattern is his first indie visual novel. Besides being indie, Omega Pattern intends to be a very long visual novel (+40 hours). It’s impossible to afford this kind of project by an indie group without economic support, and here’s where the first part of Omega Pattern appears. We covered the first part expenses and released it without Kickstarter, Patreon or any kind of crowdfunding campaign because we wanted to show you the main concept of Omega Pattern (a visual novel where you define the main character’s personality and Pattern) before using this kind of resources.
Omega Pattern is not an episodic visual novel. Our current intention is to release DLCs and bundles with the full Beast, King and Astral routes. The decisions you make in the first part give you access to these routes, but they won’t affect their course. This means that you don’t have to replay the first part again when we release the routes DLCs.
The decision system that we’ll use for the routes won’t allow us to separate them into more parts since we want that every decision you make can cause an impact on the story as it advances as well as in the endings. Every route will be different and we’d like to give them an estimated duration of 12 hours or more.
But don't worry, if we don't manage to fund the final part in this campaign, we will divide the final part into several DLCs depending on the amount pledged by the bakers and we will relaunch a new Kickstarter campaign with a lower goal in order to release the next Omega Pattern's DLC.
- Art (35%): Over 85 CGs, 85 BGs, 8 new major characters and several minor characters. We could decrease the number of BGs and increase the number of CGs.
- Writing and Translation (30%): The original Omega Pattern's script is written in Spanish and we will have to cover an English professional translation.
- Programming, implemmentation and administration (10%).
- Music (10%).
- Kickstarter (10%).
- Rewards (5%).
The Omega Pattern Kickstarter's main goal is 33.000€. If we reach it, we will try to improve the visual novel with these stretch goals.
- 38.000€: MORE ART. Over 100 CGs and 100 BGs. We could decrease the number of BGs and increase the number of CGs.
- 43.000€: R-18 CONTENT. We will include some erotic, soft and non-explicit content/scenes (Hollywood style).
- 65.000€: PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH VOICE ACTING.
- Thank you (1€): Every dollar matters! Thank you very much!
- First Part (5€): Omega Pattern's first part key on the platform of your choice and access to backer-only updates.
- Final Part (25€): Key of the final part of Omega Pattern on the platform of your choice (retail price $34,99), access to backer-only updates and your name in a special "thank you" section in the end credits.
- Beta Access (35€): We really recommend this reward if you have played the first part and you can't wait any longer to play the final part. We will upload an updated version of the game every time we finish a chapter's development and you will be able to play that new chapter and continue your gameplay! It includes access to backer-only updates and your name in a special "thank you" section in the end credits.
- Digital DVD and Poster (40€): International delivery is expensive and we want to invest as much as possible in the visual novel development. Therefore, we propose you this reward which will allow you to print the DVD cover, disc cover and the A3 size poster on your own. It includes the Beta Access reward.
- OST+Beta Access (50€): Digital Original Soundtrack (retail price $19.99) and Beta Access reward.
- OST+Digital DVD and Poster (55€): Digital OST and Digital DVD and Poster reward.
- Art Lover (60€): The artbook will include creators' anecdotes, development information, sketchesand concepts, etc. This reward includes the Digital artbook and Digital DVD and Poster reward.
- Multiplatform (65€): Omega Pattern's first and final part on PC and mobile. It includes the first part keys, the last part beta keys, access to backer-only updates and your name in a special "thank you" section in the end credits.
- Multiplatform+Digital DVD and Poster (70€): Omega Pattern's first and final part on PC and mobile. It includes the first part keys, the last part beta keys, access to backer-only updates, your name in a special "thank you" section in the end credits and the digital DVD, disc cover and A3 size poster.
- Art Lover+OST (75€): Digital OST and Art Lover reward.
- Full Multiplatform (85€): Omega Pattern's first and final part on PC and mobile. It includes the first part keys, the last part beta keys, access to backer-only updates, your name in a special "thank you" section in the end credits and the digital OST, DVD, disc cover and A3 size poster.
- Full Digital (100€): Omega Pattern's first and final part on PC and mobile. It includes the first part keys, the last part beta keys, access to backer-only updates, your name in a special "thank you" section in the end credits and the digital OST, DVD, disc cover, A3sizeposterand artbook.
- Physical (350€): The physical goods included on this reward will have an exclusive and limited edition design and they will be personally signed and dedicated by the creators! It includes the physical limited edition DVD, A3posterand artbook personally signed by the creators and the Full Digital reward.
- Easter Egg (500€): We have already included our own puns, jokesand nods in the first part. Now it's your turn! This reward allows you to introduce an easter egg in the game. It could be a subtle pun or joke in a dialogue, an object in a background, etc. It includes the Physical reward.
- Junior Character Designer (1000€): We will guide you in the design process of a minor character's appearance, name, alias, personality trait, etc. It includes Junior Character Designer credit and the Easter Egg reward.
- Junior Graphic Designer (2000€): We will guide you in the graphic design process of one of the major characters. It includes Junior Graphic Designer credit and the Junior Character Designer reward.
- Executive Producer (3000€): The Omega Pattern's universe is quite big. We already have great material that we would like to use in the future to create a prequel and we don't rule out the idea of working in a sequel too. This reward will grant you access to all these future projects! It includes copies of all our future games, Executive Producer credit and the Junior Graphic Designer reward.
We encourage you to visit the FAQ section of the Omega Pattern Website and Blog but we will be glad to answer your questions on this page too. You can even use the contact form of the website if you prefer it.