There are many hardware DIY products on the market for kids, but what about kits for the curious adults? Breadboard Lab's kits offer a structured curriculum explaining electrical and computer engineering, all delivered to your home.
- Understanding Fundamentals First. Fundamentals are everything in electronics. Most kits have people dive right into projects, giving directions to connecting components without understanding why. Our kits introduce the users to the basic concepts of electronics. We believe that you should understand why components in a project are connected a certain way, rather than just giving you the instructions without explaining them.
With a good understanding of the fundamental concepts, we are able to advance in the curriculum and introduce you to even more exciting projects, combining the various concepts you've learned from previous kits.
- Learning Different Alternatives. A lot of the functions that a microcontroller can be programmed to do can also be done through circuitry alone; no programming whatsoever. Our booklets will show you how to do that, (e.g., modifying how quickly LEDs blink using basic electrical engineering components, just like if you were using an Arduino).
- A Tiered Learning Curriculum. One of the toughest decisions to make when entering a new hobby is where to start. We offer a structured curriculum that takes you from the most basic projects and concepts, and build on that foundation to introduce more advanced topics. At the end of the curriculum, you should be able to understand basic engineering terms.
- Right Schematics with the Right Components. No more searching online for projects and realizing that you are following an incorrect schematic or looking for outdated components; we provide you with the correct schematics and the right components.
- No Confusing Breadboard Wires. A lot of kits show pictures of breadboards with wires and components connected all over the place. We noticed beginners have difficulty following this process; so we fixed that!
- Affordable. To keep our kits affordable, we distribute items across the 10 kits. This also allows us to focus on what functionalities the components can do. From the microcontroller lesson and onward, we will be putting our parts together.
Some topics include DC/AC Circuits, Logic Gates, Sensors, Alternative Energy, Motors, Microcontrollers, Wireless, Robotics, PCB & Soldering Techniques
Some projects include alarms, temperature sensor, robotic car, heart rate sensor, radio, and more
Kit 1 Materials
Are you in the NYC metro area? We have been providing workshops for almost a year and we hope to continue.
For those who are subscribed to ourcurriculum we will provide monthly support workshops on the lessons you received from us for that month. Help each other out or find us to help you! We make sure our workshops are beginner-friendly.