In 2015, it is estimated that 82.5 million households in the United States have pets. 70-80 million dogs and 74-96 million cats are owned in the United States. Approximately 37-47% of all households in the United States have a dog and 30-37% have a cat.
If you, like us, are pet owners then you understand that busy schedules, long working hours and the occasional weekend break or short holiday can present a whole raft of challenges in providing care for your pet.
The main issue is making sure your beloved cat or dog gets fed, every day at a set time, regardless of where you are or what you’re doing. Enter the Food Station, finally an answer to your pet feeding concerns!
About The Food Station
The Food Station is proudly made in the USA. It is a reliable, automatic, self-sufficient in-home pet feeder that allows you to schedule your pet’s meals in advance for up to 6 days at a time.
When you fill the Food Station and set the timings, you can feed your pet at set daily intervals with absolutely no supervision.
Imagine having to work late one night unexpectedly, no more panic phone calls to a neighbor or family member, the Food Station takes care of it for you stress-free.
Imagine a short weekend break, no need to worry about your dog or cat being fed on time; the Food Station takes care of it all, so you can relax.
You can be anywhere in the world and have the satisfaction of knowing that your furry friend is well taken care of and, most importantly, well fed.
So How Does The Food Station Work?
It's a simple 3-step process:
With the automatic timed functionality and the seamless 3-step fill up process, the Food Station keeps your pet perfectly fed on schedule, no matter where you are.
We pride ourselves on the sheer simplicity of the Food Station, feeding your pet has never been easier and almost anyone can operate the Food Station.
Step 1 - Fill up the 6 compartments of the robust and sturdy Food Station with your pet's favorite dry food.
Step 2 - Set the automatic timer, using the clear and simple digital keypad, indicating times for food serving.
Step 3 - Record your voice, to summon your pet whenever it's time to eat.
Why You Should Own The Food Station?
If you often work long or unpredictable hours, or just want to make sure you keep your pet on a steady feeding schedule, you will appreciate the benefits of the Food Station.
In fact, there are lots of ways the Food Station can improve you and your pet’s life, here are just a few examples:
With a programmed diet, you can optimize your pet's health. Any veterinarian will tell you that pets need routine, and the Food Station allows you to program your pet's feeding routine, ensuring they get the right food at the right time, giving you both a peace of mind.
It’s really easy to make adjustments as your pet matures. Program the Food Station from one feed to two feeds a day or more, making sure you always meet your pet's feeding needs.
The Food Station will never replace you or your love and affection, but with an automatic pet feeding solution you can complete your tasks so the time you do spend together will be more quality time.
You will never have to worry about forgetting to feed your pet, or missing out on after-work drinks, or an impromptu family catch up. Just fill up the Food Station, set the timer and go on about your day. The Food Station is proudly made in the USA.
A Few Things The Food Station Can Do
• Holds up to 20 ounces of dry food: The Food Station will automatically feed your pet twice a day for three days or once a day for six days.
• Lid locks and seals: Keeping the food fresh and safe during feeding periods.
• Removable easy to wash chrome bowl: The chrome bowl is included with The Food Station and can also be easily picked up for washing and emptying and fits firmly back into the station to avoid spillages.
• Easy to use electronic timer: The timer has a simple interface that let’s you program when you would like the food to be released.
• Easy to understand digital keypad display: The digital display is easy to use and understand and comes complete with date and time stamp and also displays the outside temperature.
• Empty indicator: The indicator alerts you when the Food Station has ran out of food and needs a refill, so you never have to forget to feed your pet again.
• 10 second voice recorder: This feature lets you record a personalized message to your pet, allowing you to summons them at meal times, even when you’re not home.
• Hidden 6 feet built in electrical cord: An easy to use hidden cord stretches up to six feet making sure you don't have to concern yourself with batteries.
• Electric: Batteries NEVER required.
• Super easy to assemble: The Food Station comes in large pieces and is super easy to assemble at home.
• Sturdy structure 46 inches tall and 28.5 inches wide: The sturdy structural design means that it is not easily knocked over by pets and reduces the chances of spillages or unnecessary mess.
Having spent a lot of time thinking about the ultimate pet feeding station, these are the key features that the Food Station has to offer:
• Electronic timer keypad
• Date and time stamp
• Inside and outside temperature
• Empty indicator light
• Battery back up indicator light
• 12 hour forecast
• 10 second voice recorder
• Food compartment holds up to 20 ounces of dry food
• Removable chrome bowl
• Lid locks and seals to keep food fresh
• Hidden 6 feet indoor electrical cord
• Easy to assemble
Who Are We?
So you’re probably wondering who came up with such a genius idea right?
My name is Greg Benthall and I too am a very busy working pet owner.
The truth is, the Food Station came about like most great inventions or designs, out of necessity.
As the owner of a handsome, energetic, often hungry German Shepard, I was always rushing home to feed my dog, or feeling guilty that I’d forgotten to feed him on time.
The summer of 1979 was set to be one filled with sun and sand as my family and I prepared to head away for a beach trip.
The excitement was tangible as we loaded up on sunblock and swimwear and it was not long before our German Shepherd Buddy was bounding from one family member to another wagging his tail with curiosity and anticipation.
I turned to him and said "Hey Buddy, you can't eat all of your food at once while we're gone". He tilted his head towards me in the way he always did when he was confused and as I looked back at him sympathetically, there it was... AHA!
The proverbial light bulb moment, literally like a giant switch had been flicked in my brain.
I immediately went about putting together plans for the ultimate pet feeder. It would be reliable, sturdy, and easy to use, it would rival any other pet feeder that’s on today’s market and work seamlessly.
Before I knew it mechanical plans and sketches were flying out of my mind onto paper and the Food Station was born.
I have always been obsessed with mechanics and design. Always taking things apart, I was a born tinkerer and whilst other children played outdoors I sat inside building models and studying craftsmanship.
I dedicated myself to a career in mechanical engineering and with the support of my father, a former radar technician in the United States Army and early employee of computer giant IBM, I was able to build the components necessary to put together the first Food Station prototype.
Having worked as a mechanical engineer for the past 30 years, I can confidently say that I have now built my most meaningful product yet. With our uniquely engineered design featuring pre-set feeding times, 10 second voice recorder and weather station, I truly believe that this is the solution pet owners the world over have been waiting for.
Where Are We Now?
The first attempt at our prototype:
When we created our first Food Station prototype, we were excited to develop a product that we thought family and friends would be proud of. However, although it worked, it was made out of plywood and was rather bulky and cumbersome, so we went back to the drawing board.
The latest attempt at our prototype:
After numerous efforts to develop a prototype that was design worthy, we feel as though we have hit a home run with our latest design.
Along with the automated functionality, the sturdy build, great look and sleek design is finally a product that we believe people are going to be proud to have in their homes.
Now three prototypes and one great final product into the process, we have developed the concept and we can evidence the various stages of improvement.
If we are successful through this campaign, we expect to be able to start delivering Food Stations to our customers by the summer of 2016.
Our Timeline :
If you have a question about the Food Station, then please:
• Leave a comment here on the prefundia page
• Send us an email at Foodstation4pets@gmail.com
• Message us via social media. We will respond as soon as possible
If you think the Food Station is an innovative idea and you wish us well, then:
• Share our campaign on social media
• Tell all of your friends and family about it
• Email the link to friends and colleagues
• Follow us on Twitter : twitter.com/foodstation4pet
• Like us on Facebook : facebook.com/thefoodstation4pets
Thank you for taking the time to read our campaign and we look forward to providing you with regular updates about our progress.
How hard is it to program?
The digital display is extremely easy to use and very simple, absolutely anyone can use it and once its set up it runs by itself, so no need to supervise. It will even let you know when to refill it.
Does the Food Station hold wet food?
No. At the moment, the Food Station is only able to store and feed dry food, due to hygiene and storage issues. However, we are working on ways we can build in refrigeration and suitable storage for wet food at a cost that makes sense.
How is the Food Station cleaned?
For the actual storage unit a damp soapy cloth will work fine when used to wipe the interior compartment and exterior facade. The chrome bowl however can be lifted from the food station and washed as a normal dish.
What if my dog chews the power cable?
The power cable is protected and hidden for the most part inside the Food Station. The exposed length of cable is durable and will not be chewed through easily.