// THE GAME:
Heroes of Rune is an epic browser-based MOBA game featuring innovative gameplay! Team up with friends for quests, raid challenges, engage in fast-paced PvE, and PvP combat in a micro open-world environment. Once you are ready for more action, go head to head with other teams in the Rune Wars.
Rune Wars includes a unique capture & defend gameplay with traditional MOBA objective of destroying the opposing team's ancient. Unlike other MOBAs, Heroes of Rune will not include lanes, towers, or auto-spawning minions. Players have the freedom to roam the environment, hunt various monsters for experience points, collect gold, purchase upgrades, and spawn minions that will follow heroes directly into combat!
Heroes of Rune rewards players with Battle Points for their achievements throughout the game. With Battle Points players unlock additional game content such as new playable characters, and skins, along with earning higher ranks on the leader-board. Players will also have an option to unlock this content through the purchase of in-game currency, but have no fear! Heroes of Rune will not adopt a pay-to-win model. Heroes of Rune will offer an equally balanced player experience regardless of play style.
- "Chosen to participate in Core Labs Game Accelerator, Inaugural Class 2015"
- "Nominated Most Promising Game in Development, Indie Prize Showcase 2014"
- "Chosen as a Square Enix Collective Participant, and received 62% Yes Votes"
// STORY (Prologue):
The World of Gaea has fallen into peril as strife brews among divided heroes. Some seek to control and summon the powers of ancient Runes, while few have chosen to defend it; will order be restored once again... or will all perish. Gaea's fate lies in the hand and sword of Heroes of the Rune Wars!
- Free To Play: No purchase necessary to play.
- Play Anywhere: Play the game anywhere, anytime on any Windows, Mac, or Linux-based OS with WebGL enabled Web Browsers.
- Open-World: Game arenas are designed as "micro open-worlds". Players are free to roam the environment with no restrictions from lanes.
- Third-Person: Truly immerse yourself into the game playing from a third-person perspective.
- Heroes: Begin with a Knight Defender, Black Wizard, or Guardian Angel. Unlock 6 additional Rune Heroes all with unique skills and abilities.
- Minions: All heroes have the ability to summon their own personal minion in the Rune War mode. Minions aid players in combat against other players and enemy monsters.
- Inventory: Manage a hero's inventory of up to 12 slots available to store/sell or swap in/out loot or purchased boost items anytime during gameplay.
- Quests: Join a Sandbox gameplay session that includes free-roaming, quests, raid challenges, fast-paced PvE, and PvP combat in a micro open-world environment.
- Rune Wars: A unique, Capture & Defend gameplay with traditional MOBA objectives. Unlike other MOBAs, players are free to roam the environment, hunt monsters for loot, purchase boost items anytime, and spawn minions that follow heroes directly into combat.
- Battle Points: BPs are awarded for the players' progress and achievements in both gameplay modes. Battle Points are used to rank players and unlocks additional game content.
- Gems: Gems are purchased to help unlock heroes, acquire cosmetic upgrades, and additional content that is otherwise unlocked through BPs. *No pay to win.
- Leaderboard: Compete with other players for top PvP, PvE kills, or join the ranks among the best players of the game. *Ranks determined by BPs & Stats.
// GAME STATUS:
Heroes of Rune is currently in Open Alpha stage of development. Give it a try and share your thoughts. If you enjoy the game, please consider backing this project. - Play Open Alpha!
// PROJECT GOALS:
We strongly believe there is more to the MOBA genre than what is currently being offered by well known titles. While some may opt to reproduce a familiar MOBA recipe. Heroes of Rune stands on it's own and strives to offer a unique MOBA experience like no other. Let's take away the traditional top down play style, predefined lanes, auto-spawning minions, towers, and stressful long-winded gameplay sessions. Let's replace all of that with a micro open-world, third person controls, and new game modes; offering players a fresh new perspective to the genre.
Today we have decided to submit Heroes of Rune to Kickstarter for an opportunity to introduce the game to the world. We hope to reach others who can embrace our ideas, and share in the passion to make such a game a reality.
// WHO WE ARE:
MijiKai Game Studio is an indie game development studio based in Aventura, Florida. Our team consists of small, but passionate and dedicated talents with fresh ideas! We enjoy fusing game mechanics & producing original titles for a casual to mid-core player base. For more information, please visit www.mijikaigames.com
// SUPPORT US:
We need your help to show the world there is more to the MOBA genre than what is currently being offered. Support us on this journey! Not only with funding, but with your valued input, ideas, and suggestions to help make Heroes of Rune a truly unique MOBA experience. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, IndieDB, help fund our game, and most importantly share you thoughts! We would love to hear from you. Thank You!
Risks and challenges
We have already released Heroes of Rune: Open Alpha (Unity Web Player) build with many of the foundation features included. With that in mind, we don't really foresee any particular challenges that would set us back from completing Heroes of Rune.
With your support we can take Heroes of Rune immediately into Beta (Feature Complete), and soon after into a Final (Stable) Release. Although a game like Heroes of Rune will never truly be finished, as we have every intention to continue adding more features driven by user feedback and experience overtime.