GMF Music has designed an array of “Acoustic” pickups that are affordable, easy to install, and most importantly great sounding. These offerings include:
- (SH-1) - Quick Mount Sound Hole Pickup – This instant mounting (and unmounting) sound hole pickup will passively amplify your sound without anything to detract from it. The single coil design gives a bright clean tone that is resistant to feedback. Great for singer-songwriters and folk strummers, the SH-1 offers a moderate response that gives plenty of amplification while allowing the guitar to blend nicely with vocals and other instruments. The SH-1 fits any acoustic guitar with a sound hole diameter of 3.85 to 4.10 inches and are a much more affordable alternative to buying a mic for acoustic amplification. NOTE: This is a magnetic pickup, and will not work with nylon stringed instruments.
- (SH-2) – Hum Canceling Sound Hole Pickup - The SH-2 is a noiseless, magnetic sound hole pickup that delivers a warm, rich acoustic tone that is great for all types of acoustic playing. The SH-2’s hum canceling design delivers a fatter, more compressed sound than the SH-1 single coil version. The SH-2 is potted to resist feedback and the proprietary coil design produces a full, rich tone that is resistant to magnetic fields that cause hum. The SH-2 mounts easily into your sound hole with no modification of any kind needed to the guitar. The SH-2 fits any acoustic guitar with a sound hole diameter of 3.85 to 4.10 inches. Great for all types of steel string acoustic guitars. NOTE: This is a magnetic pickup, and will not work with nylon stringed instruments.
AT-1 Acoustic Transducer Pickup (FOR ANY ACOUSTIC INSTRUMENTS WITH A SOUNDBOARD) The AT-1 is a “stick-on” soundboard transducer pickup contained in a real wood housing for use with just about any acoustic instrument. The AT-1 works great for an acoustic guitar but it also is a great pickup for a violin/fiddle, cello, stand-up-bass, banjo, mandolin, piano, ukulele, horn, or practically any instrument that vibrates. The AT-1 installs simply to your instrument with putty or a peel and stick adhesive. (No special tools required). Once installed you can amplify your instrument’s sound with any guitar amplifier (acoustic or electric), or by connecting directly into a P.A. system or mixing console. The AT-1 comes in 2 versions:
- The standard AT-1 with a studio quality 10’ cable with ¼” plug that can connect directly into an amp or PA system.
- The AT-1S that has a 2’ cable terminated in a “strap pin” jack
- AT-2 (Dual) Acoustic Transducer Pickup (FOR ANY ACOUSTIC INSTRUMENTS WITH A SOUNDBOARD) The AT-2, like the AT-1 is a “stick-on” soundboard transducer pickup (system) contained in real wood housings for use with a wide variety of acoustic instruments. Positioning the pickup heads at two spots results in a more balanced sound structure and a broader frequency range. The small heads are only 1” inch in diameter, allowing them to be installed unobtrusively and in hard-to-reach areas of an instrument. The AT-2 installs simply to your instrument with putty or a peel and stick adhesive. (No special tools required). Once installed you can amplify your instrument’s sound with any guitar amplifier (acoustic or electric), or by connecting directly into a P.A. system or mixing console.
- The AT-1S has 2’ cables terminated in a “strap pin” jack
Risks and challenges
The designs are complete and have been tested. We completed our final field-testing with working Nashville musicians before launching our campaign to have "real world" input from musicians and sound production engineers. We don't forsee any obstacles that won't be solved easily. Some of these products are already available for purchase in limited quantities.
SIGN UP for updates and exclusive early bird prices
Launching on Kickstarter later this Month
Production and Fulfillment Plan: Once we have achieved our goal and the Kickstarter campaign is completed we will be able to pay for tooling charges and meet our minimum orders necessary to complete production. This will be our third Kickstarter campaign. Products from our first two campaigns were sent out promptly on schedule and are still used almost daily by professional musicians. We don't foresee any obstacles that won't be solved easily and we will personally communicate to our backers throughout the process.
We understand that the manufacturing process is difficult but our team and partners are more than up to the challenge. We are working hard to minimize the risks of any delays and bring the product out on schedule