About This Project
We walk 20-30 miles a day for five months! We carry everything we need on our back. We are Pacific Crest Trail thru-hikers. Come along on the adventure of a lifetime and hear our stories as we walk from Mexico to Canada. We will tell you who we are and why we came to the trail as we head north over several mountain ranges, across many valleys, through raging creeks, falling snow, and the blazing hot Mojave desert. We will tell you about the time we woke up with a bear sniffing our face; the time we were bit by a rattlesnake; the time the snow was coming down so hard we lost our hiking buddies. Our stories will echo through your soul for years to come just as they echo within us.
Why This Project Is Important
This project is important because the Pacific Crest Trail changes lives; just as important are the lives that are touched and changed by those who meet the hikers and support them on their trek. The stories the hikers tell are moving, inspiring, and motivating. They make you laugh and cry. They are full of adventure and excitement. They are war veterans, college students, retirees, cancer survivors, engineers, artists, and everything in between. Echoes From The Pacific Crest Trail will share the stories of those who set out on this journey and why. What were their scariest moments on the trail? What were their funniest moments? How did they get their trail names? How did the trail change their lives? and so much more!
About the Creator
Mary "Pillsbury" Scudder spent much of the summer of 2014 hiking the Pacific Crest Trail hearing amazing stories. By the time her days were winding down on her wondrous adventure she had been moved by those around her and knew she needed to take action. She didn't want all the stories to be lost among the trees and meadows that bore witness to them; she wanted them to live, to be shared, to inspire others. Thus the idea for Echoes From The Pacific Crest Trail was born.
Why Raise Money
You may be wondering why she needs to raise $5800 for this project. The answer is simple. It's going to take a lot of the summer and fall to create this beautifully crafted ebook. Pillsbury plans to spend much of the PCT hiker season (April-September) on the road gathering profile information, taking pictures, talking to hikers, and writing their stories. In the fall she will continue working to compile all the information and have it ready in time for the 2015 holiday season.
- $1 - I want to help inspire others
- $5 - PCT Class of 2015 sticker
- $10 - Digital Copy of the book
- $14 - Both the ebook and the PCT Class of 2015 sticker
- $30 - 8x10 signed cover photo mailed to you, the ebook, and the PCT Class of 2015 sticker
- $80 - 2 days of Pillsbury's awesome backpacking food delivered to you, 8x10 signed cover photo, the ebook, and the sticker
- $100 - San Diego County meet-up for dinner or backpacking gear shake-out/gear recommendations
- $150 - 5 days of Pillsbury's awesome backpacking food mailed to you, 8x10 signed cover photo, the ebook, and the sticker
- $175 - San Diego County meet-up, 2 days of Pillsbury's awesome backpacking food, 8x10 signed cover photo, the ebook, and the sticker
- $235 - San Diego County meet-up, 5 days of Pillsbury's awesome backpacking food, 8x10 signed cover photo, the ebook, and the sticker
- $500 - Overnight on the PCT in Southern California with meals provided (2-people), 8x10 signed cover photo, the ebook, and the sticker
- $725 - 2 nights on the PCT in Southern California with meals provided (2-people), 8x10 signed cover photo, the ebook, and the sticker
NOTE: Pillsbury's awesome backpacking food can be delivered in time for your summer backpacking adventure. Also, San Diego County meet-ups can be scheduled from June-December 2015. All other items will be delivered in time for the 2015 holiday season.
You can get more information about Echoes From The Pacific Crest Trail, Class of 2015 from the website: www.echoesfromthepct.com. There will be frequent updates about the hikers and the progress of the book. If you are hiking the PCT this year, please take a couple of minutes to complete the hiker profile form. Also, for Class of 2015, submit your stories! The more stories received, the better the book will be!
If you aren't sure about Pillsbury's dedication to this project, check out her blog from last year, 2 Foot Adventures. She wrote EVERY day she was on the trail for 1-2 hours and still walked 20-30 miles! Yes, EVERY DAY she wrote! It didn't matter how tired she was. She's not a speedy hiker either, she's just that dedicated!
Thanks for stopping by! The Kickstarter will be launched in the next couple of weeks. Check back soon for updates!