“Daymare: 1998” is an over the shoulder third person survival horror, with a multicharacter storydriven structure. The core mechanics will present environmental puzzles solving, useful resources gathering, very hard to kill enemies and a need for strategical approach to fights.
"Daymare: 1998" is meant to bring back the atmosphere, the feeling and the mood of the 80s' and 90s' most beloved video games and movies. In those years, we saw the boom of the horror genre.
From an artistic point of view, “Daymare: 1998” is inspired by those movie and game productions. What emerges from this mix is a constant and oppressive sense of danger, helplessness, and fear conveyed by an extremely suggestive and creepy setting: a typical dirty and chaotic American little town as depicted in many productions of the 90s.
- Third person character with over the shoulder camera oriented controller
- Hardcore survival combat mechanics
- Multicharacter POV with a story driven progression
- Hard to kill enemies, strategical approach required
- Environmental puzzles solving
- Level design backtracking oriented
- Inventory system and healing system handled by a specific device (D.I.D.)
- Lore expanding collectibles
- Different difficulty modes