Bastirma is a deep, choose-your-own-adventure, strategy game wrapped in a wonderfully simple package. Work to conquer the world through total domination or simply buy out every city in your way. With a deeply powerful dynamic world fully reacting to your decisions, the player will have to overcome a slew of unexpected decisions and truly make Bastirma the ruler of the world. Manage your resources and develop your city while stockpiling to better combat hostile cities in a variety of ways. In Bastirma, truly anything could happen.
- Work to manage your city by responding to over 5,000 possible paths across 50 unique characters such as The Assassin, The Farmer, The General, The Merchant, and the President of Krelin Defense.
- Every single decision carries immense weight changing not only your city but the entire world around you. With over 49 cities that dynamically respond to your decisions to improve themselves and interact with you, you live on a knife's edge working to balance your relations with other cities to best conquer them while maximizing your resource output. Yet, you never quite know how a city will respond… Who can truly predict what a human may be thinking?
- With an in-depth war system, the player has the option to conquer a city by strategically overpowering them with their military resources.
- Attack: Work to cripple your opponent's resources while maximizing yours by ordering attacks across different areas of the enemy city.
- Defend: Your resources are taking a pounding and your kingdom is starting to shift towards chaos, take a moment to defend your city and keep the enemy from breaking through.
- Wait: Drop your defenses for a moment to rebuild your power and give your soldiers time to rest. Or maybe send a mass party of surgeons to quickly get your injured back on the battlefield.
- Offering nonmilitary based options, diplomacy is a peaceful alternative to war. Trade to replenish your resources, parley with the city to replenish relations, or attempt to demand something from them.
- Trade: If you have an abundance of resources you can trade them with another city to build relations with that city and replenish your lower resources.
- Discourse: Decide to burn some villagers or start a slave train and the progressive cities aren’t big fans of it? Send a diplomat to speak with them and replenish relations or maybe send that diplomat to denounce them to the world.
- Demand: Need resources quick and know of a city you can squash beneath your foot? Send a diplomat to demand resources from them, crippling your relations but guaranteeing lots of valuables quickly.
- Balance your resources and maximize your output to become a cultural, militaristic, or economic powerhouse to better conquer the world. Keep them from overflowing of depleting or you may have an angry populace on their way to your court.
- Economy: Possibly the most valuable resource, money is used for everything meaning you must always make sure you have the money in store to pay for your decisions.
- Population: A simple representation of just how many people are in your city. An overpopulated city will lead to chaos while an underpopulated city will lead to the crippling of your resources.
- Faith: Faith drives a large number of every population and you must always respect not only the faithful but the unfaithful as well.
- Influence: Influence represents just how influential you are on the world as a whole and directly affects you military and diplomatic capabilities. High influence makes diplomacy much easier.
- Morale: As most militaries realize when invading Russia, a demoralized army will always ultimately fail. Where is your will to fight when your feet are frozen solid?
- Military Strength: A symbol of just how many soldiers you have in your city that you can then use to take down others.
- Supplies: Soldiers require food, drinks, clothing, and weapons to fight and if you can’t provide them with that, then you’ll learn just as the Persians did, that wooden swords will not penetrate hardened steel.
- Fatigue: A tired soldier is unable to fight. Make sure your troops are well-rested and have no worries on their minds, otherwise your soldiers may be too afraid of their bills to fight.
- Build relations with other cities through a deep relations system that responds to your decisions. Make a pro-Bastirma decision and the nationalistic nations will cheer while the filthy globalist will begin to plot your destruction…
- Cities dynamically adjust their attitude of you based off of how you decide to manage your city. This attitude will then directly play into WAR! And Diplomacy with them. A city that hates you will fight just as a city that loves you would be more willing to accept bad deals in trades or give into demands. The same goes for their opposites as well.
- Nationalist City: This city favors selfish decisions. If you make a selfish decision then nationalistic countries will recognize that and like you for that.
- Neutral City: This city doesn’t care whether or not you make a globalist or nationalist decision and their attitude adjusts simply off of how your decision affects them.
- Globalist City: This city favors decisions that push the world further and closer together. Make a progressive decision and these cities will recognize that.
- With 49 cities all reacting and modifying themselves according to the player's decisions and their personal needs, a different experience and attitude for every city can be guaranteed every time you hop on.
- With a unique rival system, your ultimate goal is to defeat the forces of Northwestern Canada from the city Aemulus.
- Rival System: Conquering the world just can’t ever be easy, can it? One other city, your deeply hated rival will always stay one step ahead of you and always manages to conquer cities when you aren’t looking. Aemulus directly responds to all of your actions and acts as a scary boss just always quite out of reach. The only way you can beat them is the same way you beat a raid boss, through strategy is masterful wit. Confuse them and outwit them to ultimately conquer them even if all odds are seemingly against you.
Some of the Many Characters
Bastirma began as a hobby project funded entirely out of pocket. As development entered the alpha state we began to realize that we were running out of finances to fund the level of quality we desire. We began doing some serious research and ultimately found ourselves on the home page of Kickstarter. Through the power of a dedicated community and a deep passion for games, we would be able to develop an experience to a level of quality we could not achieve before. All this will be possible because of you.
And every single dollar or word you generate for us through this Kickstarter will provide invaluable feedback to apply to our development. This leads to not only a game of stellar quality but a game that is in part developed by the community to build an experience that everyone will never forget. Your interest and support is building an original world and game quite unlike any other. We hope you believe in our project enough to back us and even tell your friends! We cannot thank you enough for your help.
Risks and challenges
We’ve spent many years developing unique experiences with little to no funding and have always found a way to absolutely maximize our quality with what we have. Bastirma already has the very large majority of its features in place and is nearing beta phase. Even so, we are aware of the many challenges that always lie in the unpredictable landscape of development and have fully prepared for every situation. We've worked with professional companies and have created nationally awarded experiences. Bastirma is our full step into the world backed by high caliber talent.
Ultimately with the amount of love for this game, we will be doing everything necessary to get Bastirma in your hands. With your support, Bastirma will become the world you want it to be, one led by you.
Thank you for everything!
- Ageless Entertainment